Why I think being a Christian is the best thing ever....

I became a Christian when I was 15 years old; I was baptized at a tiny little church in Funston, GA. I remember reading scripture after that day, thinking "Wow, Jesus is talking about ME!". My spiritual life since then has been a series of mountain tops and valleys. Sometimes I feel really in tune with God; other times, He seems as foreign to me as someone I read about in People magazine--interesting but no one I really know.

However, no matter how I feel, I KNOW that knowing Christ and following after Him is the best thing ever and like Peter said..."To who would we turn? Where would we go?" There are no other alternatives left for me. There is simply no one like Jesus.



Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday Mornings

I LOVE Saturday mornings...the quiet, the still, the smell of coffee brewing, walking outside to pick up the paper in the crisp morning air. This is how I wish it could be every morning. It is just so restful after a long week of work, deadlines, and chores. When I am in the moment of a quiet Saturday morning, I can understand why Jesus liked to get up early and go pray. No one pulling on Him, asking questions, begging to be healed. And if Jesus needed this time alone (and He is God in the flesh), then doesn't it make sense that little, broken, frail human beings like us need that quiet too?

Dear Father in heaven...thank you so much for the still and quiet of a Saturday morning. I thank you for rest during the night and the good strong coffee this morning. Help me Lord to honor you and praise you the way in which you deserve, for all the wonderful blessings you have chosen to give me. My husband, my family, my friends, my work....it all comes from you dear Lord. THANK YOU. Help me continue to reflect upon your goodness and mercy the rest of the day. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment